Saturday, November 1, 2014

As I waited for a job.... (all the random happenings)

WELL, first off, I graduated and passed the NCLEX! YAY! 
So then as I waited for a job, I took a few babysitting gigs. 

Then as i continued to wait for a job, kaylie, myself, and grandma decided to get reallll crafty and make our own dresses... with no pattern. Grandma had no faith it could be done... but they turned out so cute! It only took 13 hours, 2 boxes of doughnuts, 2 un-pickers (mostly for kaylie), a few melt downs on the couch (mostly kaylie), lots of pep talks (again, mostly for kaylie), and robintinos pizza. 
Kaylie had already attempted once before and kept warning us to not make it too small... it turned out to be a size 22. 




 But seriously how good did those turn out!?
 While i continued to wait for a job, MCKENZIE came home from her mission!!! Most exciting news ever!!
 Lunch with the girls... as i continued to wait...
Birthday parties as i waited for a job...
Graduations as i waited for a job...

So many pool days as i waited for a job...
 Days on the lake as I waited for a job...
 James came home from his mission as i waited for a job..
We went to the Ogden temple open house as I waited for a job...

Kaylie and I went to education week as i waited for a job...
Yes. We were the only people there under 50. And yes. I really enjoyed it. And yes.. we hung out with David Archuleta. 

Smelson (smart/nelson) family dinners.... (you can only come if you wear pink)
We went to swiss days as i waited for a job.... ok fine i'll admit it! It was the funnest month EVER having no school or job!!! 
Then the moment we've all been waiting for... I finally got a job! Ah!! which was kind of scary and exciting at the same time. I started working as an RN at Riverton hospital in Maternity. I was preeettttyyy nervous to start, but seriously the Lord was watching out for me because the person who has been orienting me for the past few months (Angie.. giving her a shout out because i know she's reading this) is sooooo perfecttt for me. But really i love her. She's made it so fun for me since day 1, she's hilarious... basically someone i can enjoy spending 12 hours a day with for 10 weeks straight. Its going great so far! So adult of me right?

 Since starting my job.. the most exciting thing that has happened is that I went through the temple and received my endowment! And it was amazing! I had such a good experience going through and havent missed a week since. Every week when i go i'm so grateful that i live so close to so many temples and that i get to go and feel the spirit and feel close to the Lord in his house that often. When i leave I feel so at peace and that my life is aligned with what the Lord wants me to be doing. I love this church so much, it makes my life so happy and so much better!


1 comment: